Today I'm going to talk about how blessed the USA is. Some very close friends of ours goes every year to Guatemala for a missions trip. You will not believe how poor most of that country is! Some don't have shoes, or much clothing. We can just go to the store or pantry and pick out whatever we want to eat, and eat any time in the day.
Well, they can't.Some probably don't even have food for a whole day!! I don't know a ton about Guatemala, but I do know that they are VERY poor. Every day we complain, and waste food, that we don't even think about how blessed we are!! I mean, probably everything we throw away in one day, is food or supplies that could still be used! We just don't know how BLESSED we all are!
God has blessed us with tons of clothes, cars, a roof over our head, food, a family, friends, shoes, and lots more! In Guatemala, some probably don't even have anywhere to sleep at night! Some can't take a clean shower every night, like we can. Here's a good verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:18- In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. We need to be thankful no matter what! In fact, every day we need to thank the Lord for all of the blessings he has given to us!! Have you thanked God today for all the blessings He has given to YOU?
Dear little one. You have such a sweet heart towards the less fortunate. I thank God for the growth you have experienced this Summer and how you are learning from His word.
ReplyDeleteYour Mother and I are very proud of you and your gentle spirit.
We Love You